4WD Queensland’s Code of Ethics supports the National Recreational Vehicle Policy. Check it out to ensure you are on the right track (literally).
Some of the points the code covers include obeying the laws and regulations for recreational vehicles that apply to public lands, respecting the cultural, heritage and environmental values of public/private land and rubbish disposal.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and clean to reduce the environmental impact.
- Adopt minimal impact camping/driving practices.
- Seek permission before driving on private land.
- Do not disturb livestock or watering points.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel and a first aid kit.
- In remote areas travel with another vehicle and have Royal Flying Doctor Service, or equivalent, radio contact.
- Enjoy your recreation but respect the rights of others.
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with someone.
- Support 4WD touring as a responsible and legitimate family recreational activity.
- Consider joining an affiliated 4WD club.
The code is produced in the interests of promoting responsible Four-Wheel-Drive-Touring.